Duration Basic course (1 day) Level 1 (2 days)
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if you don't have access to a Tablet).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres.
Perth Scuba Course includes:
- PADI Freediver Touch eLearning theory (complete your theory on your tablet)
- Hire of wetsuit, weight belt, mask and snorkel
- Freediving fins available for hire
- Pool entry fees
- 1 Shore dive day
- 1 Boat dive day
- All tuition with PADI Instructor
- FREE membership to the Manta Club
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own.
BOOK NOW IN A FEW OF CLICKS
- Click your start date below
- Click the number of participants(+1 or more)
- Click CONFIRM AVAILABILITY or BUY AS GIFT
- BUYING AS A SURPRISE GIFT? Please ensure you DO NOT insert the gift recipient's email address in the participant details to ensure notifications are NOT sent to them before they receive their gift from you.
Once you complete your booking Perth Scuba will be in contact with you within the next 24 hours to confirm your nominated course dates availability and details about your dive course, including issuing your PADI eLearning Pass. Remember that your eLearning needs a Touch Pad to complete (i.e. iPad, Galaxy Tab, etc.).