Duration 2 Days
Perth Scuba have combined it with the TDI Sidemount Diver Course!
The TDI Sidemount Diver Course prepares you for a different style of diving. Sidemount diving has been around for decades in the cave diving world, but only just recently has it become mainstream to the general SCUBA market. Divers who previously had to shy away from carrying heavy twin tanks, such as small women or divers with back problems, are now able to perform normal recreational dives due to the ease of carrying sidemount tanks to the water and donning the tanks in-water versus on land.
Some of the skills you will learn on the course include:
- Familiarization with equipment
- Using twin independent cylinders
- Proper trim and buoyancy techniques
- Swapping and sharing cylinders
- Different entry and exit techniques
- Have a minimum Advanced Open Water certification.
- Show proof of a minimum 20 logged open water dives.
- Duration of course 2 days & 1 evening
- Day 1 – Theory, gear configuration & open water dive 1
- Day 2 – Open water dives 2 & 3
- Minimum of 3 dives.
- Air Fills
- Certification Card
- Hire of Sidemount Harness (if you do not own your own)
- All mask, fins and wetsuit must be provided by student or can be hired at extra cost.
We recommend that you look at purchasing your own Sidemount Harness System before you begin the course as it is best to learn in your own gear that you are comfortable in. Ask us about your options.
Minimum age of 21 years, minimum of 100 logged dives and certification as an Advanced diver.