Open Water Diver
Duration 3 Days
Become a fully qualified PADI Open Water Diver in 3 days including Rottnest Island Boat Dives. Perth Scuba offer 3 day dive courses every week all year round. Bring a buddy and save. Choose from one of our flexible course schedules to suit you (Full-time, Mid-week or Private 1-on-1 course).
- PADI eLearning (all your dive theory online)
- PADI Digital Log Book
- 2 Beach Dives
- 2 Rottnest Island Boat Dives
- Air Fills & Swimming Pool Entry
- All Equipment Hire; BCD, regulator, cylinder, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, boots & weight belt
- Dive Club Membership; free weekly club dives, special offers, loyalty reward points
- PADI AWARE Donation; supporting the marine environment
- PADI Certification eCard
The three-day course consists of three parts:
- After you book, you will receive login instructions for the online PADI eLearning Open Water Course theory. These modules and quizzes must be completed before you arrive at Perth Scuba and start your practical training.
- Practical training in the swimming pool, followed by diving at Perth’s beautiful white sand beaches with Perth Scuba’s experienced Instructors.
- Your final day of practical training on our vessel Blue Destiny at Rottnest Island.
Full Time Schedule
- Friday 8:30am - 5pm
- Saturday 8:30am – 5pm
- Sunday 8am – 5pm
- Tuesday 8:30am – 5pm
- Wednesday 8:30am – 5pm
- Thursday 8am – 5pm
Private 1-on-1 Schedule
Choose 3 days that suit your schedule with your own private tuition by booking an exclusive Private 1-on-1 PADI Open Water Dive Course.
- Ask plenty of questions, our Instructors want to help you gain confidence as a diver and they are here for you.
- If anything is making you uncomfortable, let us know e.g. wetsuit too tight.
- Bring a reusable water bottle so you can drink lots of water and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Don’t give up and stay positive! If you are having problems, you are not alone and we will help you through.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to bring?
- Sunscreen/sun protection
- Money for lunch/lunch
- Dive medical if required (Ask us if you’re not sure)
- Complete PADI eLearning (printed copy or email us a copy)
- Minimum of 14 years of age
- Be fit to dive (answer NO to all the questions on the RSTC Medical Statement) or be deemed FIT TO DIVE by a Doctor
- Swim 200 metres and tread water for 10 minutes
Important Health and Safety Information:
Prior to commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Student Diver Medical Declaration. A YES answer to any questions indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive. Your medical must be completed before starting your practical training with Perth Scuba.
To obtain a copy of the form Click Here
Flying after diving?
- We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 3 pm on the day after your course concludes.
Book Now In A Few Of Clicks
- Click your course start date below (Full Time = Friday | Part Time = Monday | Mid-Week = Tuesday)
- Click the number of participants (+1 or more)
- Click CONFIRM AVAILABILITY or BUY GIFT CARD
- BUYING AS A SURPRISE GIFT? Please ensure you DO NOT insert the gift recipient's email address in the participant details to ensure notifications are NOT sent to them before they receive their gift from you.
Once you complete your booking Perth Scuba will be in contact with you within the next 24 hours to confirm your nominated course dates availability and details about your dive course, including issuing your PADI eLearning Pass. Remember that your eLearning takes approximately 10 hours to complete, so make sure you give yourself enough time to complete comfortably before joining Perth Scuba for your practical training.