Duration 16 days ex-Perth
Next tour 4 September 2024
Booking reference ADE2614
Egypt is an incredible country filled with culture, arts, architecture and adventure. The obvious attraction of Egypt is the world renowned Pyramids of Giza, however it isn’t until you get up close to these HUGE structures that you really appreciate their magnitude and beauty.
- Tour leader Mark Street
- Fly Emirates return ex-Perth to Cairo via Dubai
- Fly Cairo to Aswan
- Fly Hurghada to Cairo
- Air and land transfers
- 3 nights twin share Grand View accommodation at the Marriott Mena Hotel, Cairo
- Tours: Cairo Museum, Citadel, Bazaar, Grand Pyramids, Sphinx & Sakaara
- 1 night twin share City View accommodation at Movenpick Hotel, Aswan
- 3 nights twin share Main Deck cabin on MS Le Fayan, Nile River cruise
- All meals included on MS Le Fayan
- Tours: Aswan, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, Hot Air Balloon, Hatsheput Temple, Valley of the Kings & Valley of the Queens
- 7 nights twin share lower deck cabin on MV Blue, Red Sea dive cruise
- All meals & non-alcoholic beverages on MV Blue Liveaboard
- Up to 23 boat dives
- Free Nitrox for Nitrox certified divers
- Includes: single tanks, weights and air fills
Does not include:
- Marine Park / Port fees 250 Euro per person
- Gear hire
- Staff gratuities & porter fees
- MV Blue cabin upgrade $175pp for main/upper deck
Egypt is an incredible country filled with culture, arts, architecture and adventure. The obvious attraction of Egypt is the world renowned Pyramids of Giza, however it isn’t until you get up close to these HUGE structures that you really appreciate their magnitude and beauty. Luxor is known as the world’s largest ‘open-air’ museum. Similar to that of the pyramids, the scale and grandeur of this extraordinary place cannot be described. Within Luxor, there are a number of must-see’s including the huge pillars of Karnak, Luxor Temple, the Valley of the Kings for its incredible art work and the Tombs of the Nobles to get a fantastic history lesson. With the Nile River running through the town, your jaw will remain dropped for your entire visit.
Another fantastic destination in Egypt is Sharm el Sheik. Located at the northern end of the Red Sea, on the tip of the Sinai Desert, it has grown from a desert outpost to a bustling city home to all manner of watersports and activities over the past 20 years. You can ride a camel at sunset, visit Mt Moses, St Katherine Monastery, or the ancient City of Petra just across the border in Jordan.
In terms of diving, Marsa Alam offers mantas, spinner dolphins and even sharks for those inclined. Marsa Alam is located on the coast of the Red Sea, east of Luxor. The port, Marsa Ghalib, is home to liveaboard boats that travel the beautiful and pristine diving locations in the southern part of the Red Sea. Far from the sleepy fishing village it once was, Marsa Alam’s beautiful beaches and virgin coral reefs make it a prime holiday destination.