Duration From 12 Days
The PADI Dive Master course is one of the most respected courses in the diving industry. You can become a PADI Divemaster with Perth Scuba with courses commencing every month!
This first professional level certification will give you the training required to be able to answer students questions, supervise students in training, plan and execute dives, plan and arrange dive logistics, assist PADI Instructors, crew a dive vessel, lead and supervise dives, and much more.
The PADI Dive Master certification will give you the knowledge of an Instructor and the skills to be able to demonstrate skills to the highest standard, learning at Western Australia's only PADI Career Development Center.
A Perth Scuba Dive Master course to us, is like an apprenticeship. We want you to be able to finish your course and be totally ready for job placement or employment within the industry.
You will not only learn Dive master level theory, dive with Students in training and lead dives with qualified divers, You will be trained in dive retail, dive travel, minor repair equipment servicing and as a Perth Scuba Dive Master, you will also receive the DM “plus” certification allowing you to teach Discover Scuba courses in a swimming pool.
These valuable skills and additional areas you will be trained in, will put you in a great position to seek employment in any one of PADI’s 5800 dive shops and resorts around the world.
Looking for employment locally? Perth Scuba employ our own trained Dive Masters and Instructors, that’s why we have the best instructional team in Perth. And as we are part of the Dive Locker group of stores, we are even able to offer employment within the group to the right dive professional.
Who should take this course?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
Perth Scuba PADI Divemaster Course includes
- PADI Divemaster eLearning Pass
- Divemaster eLearning Crew Pack
- DSD Instructor Cue Cards
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- SCUBA Tune Up Guidebook
- PADI Pro Training Log
- PADI Professional Bag
- PADI Instructor Manual & eRDPML
- Divemaster Hologram
- 2 Boat Dives
- Pool Fees & Air Fills (for entire course)
- Fully supported internship
- Perth Scuba Shirt
- Equipment Discount for Students on Courses
- Employment within the Dive Industry for Suitable Candidates
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Leading Manta Club Dives
How it Works:
- PADI DM eLearning online theory
- Complete all knowledge reviews
- Divemaster Orientation & Workshops
- Divemaster Watermanship Skills
- Open Water diver students in Confined Water
- Open Water diver students in Open Water
- Continuing Education student divers in Open Water (choose from Advanced or Rescue courses)
- Certified divers in Open Water (club dive)
- If Divers already have Specialty or Rescue certifications – Specialty courses will be added to form the balance of the required courses to qualify.
- Divers must complete all courses and be signed off for their PADI Master Scuba Diver by Perth Scuba within 6 months of commencement.
- Certifying Instructors MUST be staff of Perth Scuba.
- Final PADI Specialty Course MUST be completed at Perth Scuba.
- By scoring the most points during the Ultimate Master Scuba Diver Challenge Weekend, the participant (YOU) will become the Ultimate Master Scuba Diver Challenge winner!
- Entry is free provided all requirements have been met by the participant.
Practical Application Dives
(student to schedule with Perth Scuba)
Minimum 8 Open Water + 2 Continued Education including;
Dive Site Mapping Project